Produits Artistiques Metaux Precieux
PAMP is the world’s leading bullion brand, with dominant positions in the world’s major precious metals markets. Established in 1977 and based in Ticion, Switzerland, PAMP operates a state-of-the-art precious metals refinery and fabrication.
PAMP is an integral part of the MKS Group and, as such, operates closely with MKS (Switzerland) S.A., a leading, global precious metals and financial services company based in Geneva. With more than 50-years of trading expertise to support it, MKS (Switzerland) S.A. covers all financial and trading aspects of precious metals primarily for institutional investors. The MKS Group’s global reach, vertical integration and market specialization enable it to service its clients with unparalleled market-flow information.
Thus, the MKS Group enjoys a unique position within precious metals markets via its broad array of services and expertise:
- Creates value with unique turnkey solutions
- A strong and stable partner through the most challenging market conditions
- Possesses a unique market intelligence deriving from its global network
- Highly specialised with a long term commitment to the precious metals industry
Throughout its history, PAMP has led the industry forward by introducing many breakthrough products and services. Indeed, many PAMP innovations have become industry best practices.
As a result of those efforts PAMP has maintained a market share in excess of 50% of gold bars weighing 100-grams or less over the past two decades.
PAMP’s design innovations include:
- First precious metals fabricator to decorate the reverse of its small bars. PAMP’s Lady Fortuna is today the world’s most famous ingot motif
- First to offer bales (or Hangers) for pendant wear
- First to introduce sealed packaging for small bars: Acting as both an airtight environment to protect the bar within, and as a signed certificate of authenticity, CertiPAMP packaging is a guarantee of genuine PAMP bars and quality excellence
- CertiPAMP was the first packaging available to industry clients for custom design
- First to develop engineering for the colorization of bars and pendants
PAMP originally set industry best practice for bar security with its patented process for incorporating holographic features within precious metals, as an anti-counterfeit measure.
Via the MKS Group’s global office network, PAMP offers its clientele a complete production and delivery service. PAMP’s advanced in-house systems efficiently and securely manage stock orders, international logistics, metal hedging and account services, 24/7.
Good delivery accreditation is the standard for precious metals. It measures product standards as well as industry and market practices. Recognising only the most reputable assayers and refiners, nothing less is acceptable.
PAMP products are accredited as ‘Good Delivery’ by:
- London Bullion Market Association (LBMA)
- London Platinum and Palladium Market (LPPM)
- Swiss National Bank (SNB)
- The leading futures markets: TOCOM, COMEX/NYMEX
- Chicago Metals Exchange (CME)
- Dubai Multi Commodities Centra (DMCC)
PAMP is one of only three refineries worldwide designated as ‘Referee’ by both LBMA and the LPPM.
Official MKS Group market memberships:
- LBMA: Associate member
- LPPM: Associate member
- TOCOM: Associate member
- COMEX/NYMEW & CME: Non-clearing member
- Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC)
PAMP is the only refinery in Switzerland to simultaneously hold ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 17025 and OHSAS 18001 accreditations.
PAMP S.A. is supervised by the FINMA for compliance with Swiss Money Laundering Legislation.
PAMP, from its inception, has strived to maintain harmonious relationships with its surrounding environment, regional communities and with the world-at-large. PAMP honours this commitment by not only meeting regulatory requirements, but also by routinely exceeding them.
Disciplined and responsibly managed, all factory processes perform to the exacting standards of Swiss environment regulations, among the most stringent in the world.
PAMP actively supports and leads the industry’s ethical advancement. The Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC) has certified PAMP as meeting the ethical, human rights, social and environmental standards as established by the RJC’s Certification System.
As a vital company with the MKS Group, PAMP plays a leading role in the formulation and implementation of responsible precious metals supply chain practices in the industry. In this context, PAMP is highly involved in the implementation program activities of the OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Area and PAMP has worked closely with the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) to create the LBMA Responsible Gold Guidance.
In turn, the MKS Group has issued its Responsible Precious Metals Group Policy, which sets our commitments for responsible supply chain ethics.
Along with many principal international accreditations, PAMP’s prestigious status as an Ordinary Member of the LBMA is further evidence of its long-term commitment to full compliance with ethics regulations and guidelines required within the industry worldwide.
You can contact New Zealand Gold Merchants on 0800 10 53 34 your Authorised Distributor.